The Order of Care
When caring for Tile & Grout there is an order to things which helps to assure the best care possible based on it's longevity and appearance.
This order is:
- First – Clean your Tile & Grout as best as possible regularly and keep things that contain acids away from grout.
- Second – Repair your Grout if needed such as removing stains or filling cracks promptly.
- Third – Seal your Grout to help protect against stains and to help make cleaning easier.
The intervals of these activities are very subjective and vary greatly based on the environment of your Tile & Grout such as: Is your tile & grout indoors or outdoors, is it in a shower, does it get high traffic or very little use and alike.
With this said there are some very general intervals:
- Cleaning should be done regularly between daily to weekly.
- Repairs should be done as needed and a promptly as possible
- Sealing should be done annually, about once a year.
Again these are very general intervals to help give some frame of reference.
More Tile & Grout Care Resources
Choose the surface type that you'd like to learn more about.
Choose ResourceBasic Care
Choose ResourceTile Floor Care
Choose ResourceCleaning & Sealing Grout
Choose ResourceShowers & Tub Surrounds
Choose ResourceThe Order of Care