MARBLELIFE, Inc. was founded in 1988 to service a growing demand for stone, tile & grout restoration & after-installation care. What began as an effort to develop a unique line of care products, quickly expanded into development of restoration and care services and techniques. With a shortage of stone craftsman throughout the US, MARBLELIFE was conceived to develop a nationwide network of craftsmen capable of providing a consistent high quality set of products and services throughout the country.
By 1991 it had become clear that MARBLELIFE would need to expand into a proprietary service provider in-order to meet customer demands and growth requirements. The business was sold to its most successful franchise owner in 1993. Since then, the business has expanded from 8 to more than 50 locations, broadening its coverage from national to international to become the leading name in stone restoration and care in the industry.
Today, MARBLELIFE provides proprietary stone restoration, maintenance and care products and services to the leading hotels, commercial, business owners and entertainment people in the world.
- 1988 Union Carbide founds Marble Care to meet industry needs for consistent quality restoration services and stone care products.
- 1989 Union Carbide Marble Care introduces its proprietary INTERCARE stone cleaner – a non-acidic, stone safe cleaner capable of neutralizing acid spills and removing staining oils for home and commercial use.
- 1993 Marble Care is spun-off as MARBLELIFE, an independent business, under the leadership of Ed Williams, the largest franchise operator, and proven restoration technique developer.
- 1993-2000 MARBLELIFE expands throughout North America.
- 1993 MARBLELIFE begins restoring granite.
- 1993 MARBLELIFE rolls out its proprietary maintenance programs including MARBLELIFE’s no-more-restorations guarantee.
- 1998 MARBLELIFE launches M.L. Distribution to provide stone care and education products to its clients so that they could maintain their restored surfaces.
- 2000 MARBLELIFE introduces Interlok systems to enhance slate, flagstone and flamed granite color and sheen.
- 2001 MARBLELIFE establishes their Road-Crew capable of servicing hotel and commercial maintenance accounts with monthly service anywhere across America.
- 2003 MARBLELIFE achieves a landmark having maintained a property for 15 years in a restored appearance without the need to restore it.
- 2007 MARBLELIFE launches its GROUTLife services enabling its service providers to restore ceramic and porcelain grout to its original color, and clean appearance.
- 2008 MARBLELIFE launches dry-grind technology for non-granite surfaces reducing water usage in the restoration process by more than 80%.
- 2009 MARBLELIFE launches CLEANShield the first etch resistant treatment for marble counters, vanities and tables offering instant cure and adjustable finish from matte to high gloss.
- 2009 MARBLELIFE introduces the first bi-directional interactive retail display allowing customers seeking stone care solutions to interact with a MARBLELIFE expert directly from the retail aisle insuring the right answer when the need it - now.
- 2013 MARBLELIFE introduces VinylGuard, a proprietary vinyl treatment designed to break the repeated costly process of waxing, stripping and buffing with a single engineered coating designed to provide a glossy, durable, anti-slip treatment that saves our clients 30% of their floor care costs annually.
- Boasts more than 50 North American franchise locations and servicing more than 60% of the population…and growing…MARBLELIFE® is the largest stone restoration and maintenance company.
- Internationally, MARBLELIFE franchises are operating in Ireland, Bahamas, Canada, Cayman Islands, India and UAE to name a few.
- Restores more than 1000 residential floors, vanities, showers and counters every month making MARBLELIFE the largest residential service provider in the world.
- Maintains more than 100 hotels every month under its guarantee that if MARBLELIFE maintains your stone surfaces monthly you will never need to restore your stone due to wear again.
- Boasts buildings in our maintenance portfolio that have been maintained without restoration for more than 15 years.
- Maintains a national training and R&D facility in Sanford, Florida.
- Develops and refines a full line of stone care products.
- Services more Marriott properties than any other stone care company in the world.
- Upscale homes include:
Sugar Ray Leonard
Senator Carol Mosley Braun
Blake Edwards and Julie Andrews
- Upscale Properties include:
Kennedy Space Center Gucci J. Paul Getty Museum Ford World Headquarters Rockefeller Center Essex House Beverly Wilshire National Gallery of Art Nestle Corporation Detroit Athletic Club Spa Hotel Resort Victoria Grand Central Station Whitehall Hotel Beverly Hills Hotel Shell Oil Taco Bell Price Waterhouse Trammel Crowe Apple Bank Xerox Chrysler Corporation Saks Fifth Avenue Eisenhower Medical Ritz Carlton Fox Plaza New York Public Library Marriott
MARBLELIFE, Inc. continues to expand and grow. Recently MARBLELIFE,Inc. introduced Stone and Marble Care Products under it’s own label which will be available through distributors and retail stores. Click here to see a listing of the products that are available from this website.